Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Adventure!

So another Halloween/Richard's Birthday celebration/block party/costumed extravaganza has come and gone and as always, we are better for it. This year we went as Finn and Jake from Adventure Time. If you are not aware of this amazing cartoon, hit up Netflix or whatever streaming service you use and become intimately comfortable with it. You will be glad you did. I included a reference pic and you can also follow the link above for more info. Richard made his entire costume plus my backpack and headgear. The face on his hoodie is to die for. It is amazing how much cheaper our costumes were by building it ourselves as opposed to buying the prefab store costumes. (Yeah I said building it ourselves knowing full well all i did was buy the sword.)
What time is it?

Adventure Time!
Look at that face!
Click the "Read More" link to see the rest of the story and pictures.


This Halloween weekend decided it was going to be in the 40's and while Richard was basically in a big warm blanket from head to toe, I was in a t-shirt and shorts. Luckily with a crowd as huge as this one, there wasn't much room for the cold to sneak in and chill us. I took a couple of those hand warming pads you can buy in the camping or hunting departments. They worked great since my fingers were the only thing that ended up being any sort of cold. There is just no way to hold an ice cold beer or cocktail without your hands.  The crowd shots below show a small section of the street party, probably a block in length, the whole party was probably 5 or 6 blocks long. Crazy Town!! I included a few pics we took, but we spent most of our time posing for pictures with other people. It was an amazing feeling to have people stop you every 5 feet and ask if they could take a picture with us. I will admit I enjoyed the ego boost immensely. Sadly, it meant we didn't focus as much on taking pics of other people but we did have a few winners.

The crowd was way bigger than it appears.
Found another me!
Who doesn't like a nice box of wine?
Lambda Lambda Lambda
This was a great Shiva costume except that..
Heidi Klum did it in 2008 lol
A Sim, sadly her light was off in the pic.

As you may or may not have heard, our wonderful 52 foot tall State Fair mascot, Big Tex, had an electrical fire and burned down this year. It was a sad day for Texas but luckily Texans know how to make lemonade from lemons and this was a very common costume this year. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a burning Big Tex this year. Classic. From the way Texans seemed to go into mourning upon hearing of Big Tex's demise, I was glad to see that everyone got their sense of humor back especially since they could use this for a genius costume shortly after it happened. Creativity should always win out over being offensive for Halloween. It gave a great new meaning to Burning Man.


Last but certainly not least was this crazy little girl. I hadn't ever gotten a cold chill from a costume until seeing this one. She was a tiny little terror and acted so freakish, I would have believed her actually crazed if it wasn't Halloween.  Although I guess this would have been the perfect night for her to be out wreaking havoc unchecked.


Sleep with one eye open. Beware this tiny bitch. CREEPY!
I hope everyone who reads this had a great Halloween as well. Don't forget to give me a like or share on Facebook, retweet me on Twitter, or that strange new +1 on Google. Also feel free to leave comments with your costume pics for everyone to enjoy. Thanks again as always for taking a peek into my world. Don't worry, I won't tell.


P.S. Someone stole my sword at some point in the night. #bitterbitch




1 comment: