So I figured I would give you a list of 14 things you may not know about me. 14 things, 2014, you see the concept. Some are pretty plain but others may be a surprise. Enjoy!!
1) I was born in Hawaii. We moved before very long so I have no actual memories of it but I do get to say I was born there.
2) I'm left handed. All the best people are.
3) I have run a half marathon. Doing another this March.
4) I love owls. I have them everywhere.
5) I still read comic books. Don't plan to stop.
6) I play World of Warcraft. I definitely have a life outside the game though.
I love craft beer. Breweries and amazing beers have been my thing this
year. I can definitely still pound back the Natty Lite, but I really
enjoy flavorful beer now. STOUT!!
8) I have a window full of orchids. Have 9, need more. Once you get the hang of them, they are really quite easy to grow.
I met Steven King in an elevator. I was in junior high and in
Minneapolis for a Final Four game and we were both staying in the same
hotel. I read all of his books back then and I was so star struck that I
couldn't say anything. He asked me how I was and I told him it was an
honor to meet him. My prepubescent self couldn't think of anything else
to say. Oh well, still got to talk to him. Pretty sweet!
10) I work for the #1 Greek Yogurt in the nation!
I am a white knuckle flier. My rational brain knows that nothing is
going to happen, but takeoffs and landings fuck me up. I usually self
medicate these days. It makes flying more enjoyable for everyone
12) I had a HUGE obsession with Beanie Babies
back when they were first popular. I have tons of them. If I was smart,
I would have sold them years ago when there was a demand and at least
made a little money. Now I just take up storage closet space with them. I
need someone to restart the craze so I can make a quick buck.
13) Public speaking scares me to death. It has never gotten any easier for me.
I left my phone at home today and didn't turn around on the way to
work. I am a little embarrassed by how disconnected I felt all day. I
distinctly remember surviving before smart phones, but now clearly, I
can't be without it by my side. Damn you Apple. Damn me too.
Thanks for reading. I will post again soon.