Monday, November 14, 2011

Latest Race Update

 
Hey everyone, not much new and exciting happening but I did want to share some info from our most recent race. We ran in the MDHA Help the Homeless 5k. It is part of a help the homeless week in Dallas and was held at Fair Park which is where the State Fair of Texas takes place, and the location of the Cotton Bowl Stadium. We weren't sure how well we would do because for the past several weeks our running schedule has been pretty empty for various reasons, but the race is just about the running and having fun with friends so we plodded along and ran it. We ran with several of Richard's coworkers and made several new friends as well. Running is a great way to meet people in case that becomes your motivation. Here are the wonderful before and after pictures!!




Here you can see our overall race finishing places. Richard was #67 and I was #68. I like to think that this is pretty damned impressive for not having run in about a month. My personal favorite part is when we look at the results by age group. In the second picture you can see that Richard finished 9th in his age group which is awesome!! And below that you can see my age group and I placed 4th!!! I missed a medal by about 36 seconds. Had I know while the race was going on that I was that close, I would have pushed thru those rough patches and just paid the price after the race.  Damn you hindsight!! Thanks for taking a minute to read this and for letting me brag just a little. As always I welcome comments and feel free to follow my blog. You never know what craziness you may find here next.

\

Here is a fun continuation of all the Halloween displays that I posted previously. I am guessing this will be the only Thanksgiving one that I find since everyone seems to already have the Christmas displays built. You can look forward to a post that includes those coming up soon. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment